Yap Kee Wanton Mee @ Holland Drive : Light Crunchy Angel Hair Noodles

"Fine blonde Angel-hair noodles with a gentle spring and crunch". 
I could not forget these words as I read Tony's (@ johorkaki) about this wanton mee stall at Holland Drive. I actually had a wanton meeting with my friend Kerri who is a lover of wanton mee but it had been postponed for too long because of the busy schedules. Alas, we made our trip here, under the mercy of  35 degrees weather. 
 
Everything was true to what Tony had described. The noodles might not be exactly like the typical angel hair (my favourite kind of pasta) but they came close to it. Though we ordered Xiao la (smallest degree of spiciness), the chilli was potently spicy with a satisfying kick. It was so good that I decided to ask more chilli. 
Precisely because each strand is so fine, they are evenly coated with the sauce base that is a blend of soy sauce and vegetable oil.  The char siew were not memorable but the dumplings were smooth and juicy. I doubt I missed the fried lard as I did not realize that it should be there until I read Tony's post again.
The owners were very friendly and I told them how I learnt about this shop. Good to know that his brother is the legendary flying wanton Mee man of Johor Bahru
 
"My name is Handsome. Not Richard" he introduced himself.
"......."
"Just joking" he quipped.
Uncle Richard sure had his sense of humor :)
 
Yap Kee Wanton Mee
Holland Drive Food Centre
44 Holland Drive, #02-04, Singapore 270044
6:30am to 2:00pm daily
Nearest MRT Station: Buona Vista

Comments

  1. On behalf of my parents, thank you for sharing the above! Drop by for some wanton mee again. Thanks much for the support :)

    With Gratitude!
    Hui Ying (Daughter of Auntie and Uncle Koo)
    Yap Kee Wanton Noodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hui Ying!

      Sorry for the late reply! I'll drop by with my family again next time! Please help me thank Uncle and Auntie Koo for the yummy noodles! =D Wish them in great health too!

      Warmest Regards,
      Li Tian

      Delete

Post a Comment