Pita Pan : Pocket Full of Health?

Came to Pita Pan, a Mediterranean bistro which offers salad, falafel and hearty Middle-East/Lebanese stews because I was craving for hummus. Pita Pan sounds like Peter Pan to me but it's not any happy fairyland restaurant. It was the poor service which ruined what could be a more pleasant experience.
 
This is less like a restaurant at MBS and more like a fast food outlet as diners have to find their own seats and order from the counter (no signs stating that it was self-service). What was more hilarious was the servers at the salad counter told us to order at the cashier, but yet the cashier had been ignoring us as she was busy counting the cash. 
 
What can we do but wait before they were ready to key in our orders? The HALF-POCKET SANDWICH ($7.90), was assembled gradually like a subway sandwich. First, half a pita bread was filled with three chickpea falafel. Then, pick all-you-want from the salad counter ( I chose nearly everything), and lastly the dressing (I opted for the tahini dressing also known as sesame paste).
 
The end result looked totally different from the menu but was very delicious, especially the golden-brown falafels. They had a crispy coating but were not too dry inside.
 
Instead of the Middle Eastern breakfasts, we had the Hummus with Mushrooms served with pita bread ($11.90). The bread version here was warm, soft and fluffy. The hummus here was better than Onaka's version because they are not chilled nor too salty. It was extra creamy with generous amount of mushroom toppings. Not quite sure how healthy this was but my tummy was satisfied!
 
Conclusion: Service aside, food was not too bad and portions are quite substantial. Unless they fine-tune the service here, I don't think eating here is any beneficial, especially for our mental health. For those who wish to check this out, bring your own water as they don't serve it. 
 
Pita Pan
Bay Level, 01-87,
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands (In front of ArtScience Museum) 
 
****
I am now on facebook, instagram or twitter . Add me for the latest updates! :)
 

Comments

  1. wah, i like your honest style of writing. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...thanks for reading! simply sharing an experience that might not occur to everyone. But I recently saw another new outlet at Marina Square, hopefully that place will be better :)

      Delete
    2. I also had a bad experience with the service at Pita Pan Marina. The cashier was on the phone for a long time and I had to wait for her. I was not served my falafels but was made to collect it at the counter when it was done. No one cleared up food that had fallen on the floor,.The small containers used to hold the sauces had some red sauce spilled on the rims and I wondered how long the red sauce had been there, lest it contaminates the fresh sauce I fill the container with. But the falafels were very good, the best I have tasted.

      Delete
    3. By the way, I was the only customer at that time.

      Delete
    4. oh dear, that sounds like a pretty bad experience too. recently, I've heard another disappointing experience at their new outlet in marina square too. yeah, guess they need to brush up on the service so that it does not chase away any more customers :S

      Delete
  2. Must have been a bad day.. I go there very often and the service is good. And they serve water to us every time. Anyway, like you, I'm interested to check out the MS outlet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...seems like I must be really unlucky. I went on a weekday afternoon at around 2pm. haha~ok let me know how the food there goes!

      Delete
  3. we went to the marina outlet and my friend did the ordering, so I wasn't too sure if the service standard is as laggy as the MBS one..but from what i saw they were quite friendly when speaking to my friend :)

    .. i must say the food is quite yummy and we love the falafels too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeps! I love the falafels there too. Haha…I’ve heard good reviews about the marina sq outlet and can’t wait to return there to try the food, esp the red shashouska! Ah..haha, I tend to forget unpleasant experience quite fast as long as the food is not too bad. Glad u had an enjoyable meal at pita pan marina =D

      Delete

Post a Comment